How we work to improve the lives of carers
Carers Australia advocates and lobbies on a wide range of issues that affect carers. We also manage the delivery of national programs, support and services for carers across Australia.
We work in collaboration with carers, Carers Associations, government and peak bodies to develop policy, advocacy, programs and events to improve the lives of Australia’s 2.7 million carers.
We also use feedback from carers and the public on issues that affect them, so Have Your Say and help make a difference.
Carers Australia provides specialist services across Australia for carers. These services include counselling, advice, information and registration.
Carers Australia works directly with the state and territory carers associations to deliver these services.
- Better Start provides information and registration services about accessing funding and other support services for carers of children with eligible disabilities.
- Carer Advisory Service provides information and advice to carers and their families about carer support and services.
- National Carer Counselling provides short term counselling by qualified counsellors.
- Mental Health Carer Counselling provides a specialised counselling service for carers of people with mental health issues.
- Peer Support Network facilitates supportive conversations about the NDIS between carers.
- Young Carers Network provides information, advice and support for young carers.
- Young Carer Bursary Program aims to reduce financial pressure and support young carers to complete, or return to education or training whist continuing in their caring role.
Through our high level connections with government and community leaders, Carers Australia is well positioned to successfully represent and advocate on behalf of carers.
We use a combination of national advocacy programs, events and government liaison to drive change and improve the lives of carers across Australia.
Have Your Say and let us know the concerns you have as a carer, so we can more effectively represent your interests to Australia’s decision-makers.